Leuta 0,618 Syrah Cortona DOC 2016
- Aging: 12 months in French oak casks with differing characteristics to assure complexity and richness
- 2 additional months in steel, 9 months in bottle.
- In the glass: deep ruby-red with purplish-blue shades.
- On the nose: spicy with pepper, ink, gunpowder and coffee scents; black fruits rise on a main mineral matrix, well-marked and clearly-defined cassis ending with balsamic note of thyme.
- In the mouth: dry and fresh, savory, with medium body and good acidity. Small black berries and currants, combined with an excellent minerality. Well-balanced and elegant.
- Finish: long ending with soft and smooth tannins and a persistent note of toasted almond and cherry.