Leuta 1,618 Merlot Cortona Doc 2012
- Aging: 12 months in French oak casks with differing characteristics to assure complexity and richness
- 2 additional months in steel, then 9 months in bottle
- In the glass: dark with purplish-blue shades
- On the nose: notes of small black berries combined with an aroma of plain chocolate and tobacco, mixed with more mineral and dark sensations like graphite and gun powder
- On the palate: round and smooth with a sensation of black jam supported by a sufficiently sour, balanced and vertical structure
- Good mineral persistence combined with a mature tannic sensation.
- First production year: 2005